Officially an Honours Student

In September 2015 I officially became an honours student, I had obtained my degree with Distinction and this was my final journey. This time around I only had 2 modules each trimester, along with my honours project which is worth double marks!

Should be helpful!!
I was absolutely horrified when I found out I still had to sit an exam for each module and complete coursework, surely my honours project was enough! I wasn’t looking forward to this at all, even more bad news another database module (which I hate).

 The first few weeks were not as bad as I expected; I was only really worried about my dissertation. Then I found out, before my dissertation I had to hand in an Interim Report!! I had never heard of this before, great another thing to spend time on and panic about.

My other 2 modules had coursework which was group work (AGAIN), luckily I was able to choose my own team members. Having done group projects before, I knew It was hard to find time to work together but this was difficult on another level!! I had so much work to do for my interim report, including writing my literature review. I was told by my supervisor to spend a minimum of 14 hours per week on my honours project – SERIOUSLY!!

Ok, so 14 hours per week might not seem a lot but really it is! Working 2 days, meeting up to discuss group work, spending hours on my project and attending lectures = NIGHTMARE!! This was just too much pressure, there wasn’t enough hours in the day anymore!!

The first trimester didn’t get any easier, I was so upset and stressed that me and Greg booked a holiday to Las Vegas for the week before Christmas. This might sound crazy, especially since my exams were in January. I needed something to look forward to,
I needed a BREAK!!

This was only the start of my dreaded final year at university…..
xx,
Karen

0 comments:

Post a Comment