Emotional

I have briefly mentioned my Gran (Rena), who I lived with since I was 18 years old. She suffered from dementia, so sometimes could be a little hard to deal with. She was also unbelievably cute, even though she was in her late 80's she would come into my room and ask if I wanted some tea (then expect me to make it ha!). Anyway this woman was my entire world, everyone who knew me knew about my Gran because I always spoke about her (good & bad).

Cute as a button!

My Gran was with me through my first 2 years at university, sadly she passed away a few weeks into my 3rd year. She was 91 years old and the light of my life! My partner Greg had moved in with me and Gran a few months before her passing, together they were a comedy act. She was the type of woman who could make you mad to crying with laughter in seconds, now she was gone I didn't know how to cope without her. I was lost :-(.

I stayed off university for 1 week, I couldn't stand being in the house without her so I threw myself into my studies. Sometimes I couldn't concentrate, this was to be expected I guess but I was determined not to give up - this was the year I would achieve my degree! People say time is a healer, I honestly have never heard such truer words!

That year I got all A's for my exams, I couldn't believe it! I had went through the hardest time in my life and still managed to achieve my degree! Me and Greg still live in Gran's house, of course we now pay our own bills as I don't have Gran to look after me anymore.

One Love

When life knocks you down the only thing you can do is pick yourself back up again! In the same year I lost the most important person in my life and achieved my degree.

My advice to everyone, don't give up <3

xx,
Karen


2 comments:

  1. You find out how strong you are in these moments and you have excelled,I'm sure your gran will be very proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jolly good writing can see a depth to it,pip pip tallyho chocks away keep it up you are doing jolly well here !

    ReplyDelete