Working Part Time

If only I could attend university and not have to work, that would be wonderful! Sadly this is not the case, as I've previously mentioned I work part time as a Deputy Manager for William Hill. I have worked there for nearly 8 years - rather scary!

In the Student Funding post, I have commented about there being no payments from university during the summer months. It is for this reason that I could not quit my job, I still had to survive and pay my bills in the summer. Working part time and studying full time is not easy, it is a constant struggle to juggle both and manage my time effectively.

At William Hill I am lucky in some ways, as they are open evenings and weekends this is mainly when I work. So basically I'm at university during the day and working nights and weekends, where did my life go I wonder!!

This is so true!!

Like me, some students have no choice but to work part time and attend university. It is hard work but look at me, I'm nearly finished 4 years of it! If I had attended university after college there would have been no need for me to work part time, as I would have still been living with my parents. In some ways I think it would have been easier to have gone down this route, then other times I think NO WAY! I was a 17 year old teenage girl with not a care in the world, sure I would have had more time to study but realistically I would have spent it partying!

During the summer months I have worked full time, to compensate for not receiving any payments from university. This is the good thing about my job, they allow me to change my contract as and when I need to. Not many employers would be so accommodating!

Working and being in full time education is hard work, I like to think the hard work and dedication will pay off in the end :-).

xx,
Karen

0 comments:

Post a Comment