Driving Test

On the 3rd October 2014 I passed my driving test finally - Hurray!! I had failed it earlier in the year, due to hitting the kerb when parallel parking (not my fault really ha!). I had been taking driving lessons for ages and to be quite honest I hated driving! My dad told me it’s something everyone should learn in life if they have the chance, so there I was spending a fortune on lessons that I didn’t enjoy.

It was hard to fit in university, work and driving lessons but I wasn’t in any rush to sit my test again so I wasn’t too fussed. My older sister kept asking me when I was going to book my test again as I had been taking lessons for probably nearing a year and a half. Like I said I didn’t really enjoy it and I’m naturally a very nervous person!

Too much pressure if you ask me, anyway I booked it and passed second time around – relief!! Next up was to get a car, I couldn’t wait to drive Gran about as it was hard for her to walk a lot (unfortunately this didn't happen). My sister Joanna helped me pick a car, along with the help of my best friend Lindsey and my partner Greg.
Polly the car!
Finally, I was in 3rd year of university and had my own car (shame I was too nervous to drive on the motorway). Even now I don’t drive to university I still get the train, its less hassle for me. I do drive my car to work, which means I get there and back quicker and have more time to study. Passing my test has actually turned out to be beneficial as it does save me time travelling. (Turns out sometimes parents are right!!).

I’m glad I don’t have to worry about another test! Worrying about that and university work was a nightmare. My advice, don’t study and take lessons at the same time unless you actually like driving.

xx,

Karen

0 comments:

Post a Comment