Wild Friday Night

So, today I started work at 8.45am and finished at 9.45pm, what a long day!! It's days like this that I find it hard to focus on university work, there isn't enough hours in the day. The last thing I want to do after a 12-hour shift is come home and study, but here I am writing this post (for my digital marketing module).

I left the house at 7.45am, got in the car then realised my windscreen was dirty and the screen wash had run out – Just great!! So back upstairs I went to get the screen wash, back down to the car to realise I didn't actually know how to open the car bonnet – Mortified!

I shouldn't really have been that surprised I didn't know how to; Greg usually deals with this type of thing. He's currently in Tenerife on a stag week, which is why last night I also had to put petrol in the car for the first time! Yes, I know you are probably laughing at this but putting the petrol in was a pretty stressful experience for me. The pump kept sticking and it took me over 10 minutes to get the petrol in – HAHA!

Anyway, I couldn't figure out how to open the bonnet so had to call my sister, she found this hilarious!! Once I found the leaver the bonnet still wouldn't open, only one thing for it I had to call Greg!! It took me a further 10 minutes to actually open it and put the screen wash in, eventually success - mission complete but now I had to get to work!!

Crazy, I'm deemed a mature student but can't even put petrol in my car or top up the screen wash without some help!! Thank goodness Greg is home tomorrow. I needed some coffee after this, it was going to be a long day!!
Coffee time, skinny latte
 On my break at work I had a look over some of my notes for my dissertation, not exactly the most exciting way to spend it! When I'm working long shifts I usually take my notes with me, so when I get home I can justify why I’m not studying – I need sleep!

I do have both and iPad and laptop, I take my iPad to work so I can type notes which is pretty handy. The downside is that it's wifi only, which isn't really that helpful especially when I need to Google something. Let's face it everyone needs Google in their life, so I use my phone to Google what I need but then it drains my battery and no battery = DRAMA!!

This is the wild Friday night of a mature student; it gets even more exciting I’m working again tomorrow at 8.45am. So, as you can imagine my Saturday night will be just as wild!!

Time for bed now, until next time
 xx,
Karen

0 comments:

Post a Comment