Dreading Monday

I can’t believe it’s almost Monday again, the weekends just aren’t long enough. For some reason or another the majority of people dread a Monday morning, I usually do because it means a 9am start at university. I’m dreading tomorrow, even more so because I have a 4 hour supervised work unit assessment. Yes, 4 hours of supervised assessment on a Monday morning – BRILLIANT!

During my time at university I have never done one of these before, it’s usually coursework and exams and those are bad enough. For my Requirements Analysis module there isn’t any coursework, but there is an exam and 2 of these supervised assessments (both 4 hours)!

Since I haven’t done one before I’m not sure what to expect, apart from it is a group assessment focusing on a case study. Then, from the case study we have to answer a series of questions and draw diagrams. Okay, so reading that doesn’t make it sound too bad, but I have no idea what the topic of the case study is. If this wasn’t bad enough, there is also the fact that I have to work within a group and agree on the answers within the 4-hour time frame – JUST GREAT! There is no way 4 hours is enough time for me to ask questions, I always have questions, what if I miss one out? What if no one can answer my question in the group? PANIC MODE!!

So tonight I’m practising different diagrams and how to draw them, it’s not actually that bad since my dissertation is related to diagram’s. I’ve definitely had worse nights studying for subjects that I hate (Databases), so this is a kind of chilled out study session. Fresh bedding, new pyjamas, my Yankee candle burning and drawing silly pictures – doesn’t really sound like studying does it?

Had worse study nights I suppose
Today has been a pretty relaxed day, I went for breakfast with my mum this morning, then visited my dad and chilled out. I even got a cute little teapot with my tea at breakfast (I love teapots they are so cute). I blame my friend Eilish for my teapot obsession, tea just tastes better from a teapot for some reason, maybe because it brews longer in it; who knows!!
Tiny teapot
I’m dreading tomorrow, but I will be sure to update you all with how it went. I’m off to make a list of potential questions I might need to ask (I’m sure my group will be thrilled).

xx,

Karen


4 comments: