Daddy's Girl

Hi there, 

Since I was off work today I stayed with my dad and his wife (Rona) last night, something I haven't done for a while!! I feel bad I don't spend enough time with them but, when you have a part time job and study full time it's hard to find time for everyone. I wish I could spend more time with my friends and family, but I just don't have the time!

 My dad he’s just so cute (I don’t mean looking), he thinks of me as the baby of the family (I'm nearly 27) even though I have a younger brother who is 24. I actually like that fact he thinks I'm still a baby, I find it kind of cute! I suppose in a way it's my own fault, if ever I need help with something I call my dad. Even if it's something stupid like how long to boil an egg for or how to make mince, instead of using Google I call my dad. He's the type of guy who knows everything about everything, he always has the answer. Basically he’s a smarty pants!

When I stay over with dad and Rona I love it, they do everything for me honestly it's so cute! My dad's the best cook ever and he always makes massive portions, he loves cooking and I love his food; Win Win!! Although, last night he gave me boiled potatoes with dinner, even though I told him I didn’t like them anymore ha! He looks after me and Rona looks after him - PERFECT!!

 They have a dog and a cat, it’s crazy really because the dog is massive and Jack the cat is so small!  I wish I had a dog, but I just don’t have time for one, I’m hoping to get a cat soon though! Oh if my gran were still here she would be so mad, she hated cats. A few years ago, a cat ran inside our house and chased my grans poor budgie out the door. Safe to say, we never saw the poor budgie again!!

Look at how cute little Jack is though, seeing him has made me want one even more.
Jack the lad
I had such a relaxing night with my dad and Rona, honestly it was the best and I didn’t do any uni work at all. The simple things in life are the best, study free chilling with family!

If it wasn't for my dad and Rona I probably wouldn't even be at uni, they were the one who helped me get into college. I remember in my 1st year at uni I was discussing group work with my friends, for my section I had mentioned my dad. Before I knew it I was crying, it was totally out of nowhere. I wouldn't say I'm an overly emotional person but my family mean everything to me. He’s a man of few words sometimes, but is always there to answer my daft questions and look after me.

Anyway time for bed, back at uni tomorrow for another 9am start, with a 2-hour lecture – oh the joys!! 
xx,

Karen 




0 comments:

Post a Comment